Because I consider myself a “young domainer” I can tell you, “young domainers doing a lot of mistakes”, so I put down few of them here, almost all the mistakes here, happened to me.
So for all the people that starting or thinking to get inside the domain industry.
Read the post, it can only help you.
Common mistakes that happening to “young domainers” –
– Fall in love with their domains – don’t develop any feelings to your domains.
– Forget to renew on time – prepare a list in excel with all the expiration dates of your domains.
– Put dashes between the words in their domain name – this is not good for development or SEO.
– Not using promotion codes when register domain name – there are tons of them in the Internet.
– Register domains with trademarks – don’t do it; you can lose your domain.
– Thinking their domains worth “millions” – stop dreaming and face reality.
– Don’t checks how many ads or searches the domain keywords getting – start using Google keywords tool.
– Not doing any homework’s before registering domain name – “like stocks” do your homework’s before you buy.
– Registering fast because afraid from other people registering the same domain – most available names will be available also tomorrow.
– Don’t use other domainer’s knowledge before buying – other domainers have a lot of information and they can help you, a lot with domain appraisal before buying.
– Don’t have patient and then, they sell low or not sell at all – be patient if it’s a good domain the right buyer will appear.
– Not doing anything to promote their domains – People, it’s like selling your car; you have to spread the word.
– Think they know everything– also the professional domainers don’t know everything, you must learn if you want to minimize your mistakes.
– Treat domains like a hobby – start treat domains like it’s your business.
For sure I forgot a lot, so please if you want to add something, post a comment.